I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Ephraim

We spent last weekend visiting one of my favorite places on earth.
Many of my ancestors came here after leaving their homes.
Some came in hand carts, others came from Denmark. 
Both my mothers family and my fathers family came here
many many years ago. Some fought off Indians.
Some fed the Indians
Great Grandpa Sorensen emigrated to Ephraim in October of 1853 
and was one of the earliest settlers in Ephraim. 
This beautiful home was the home of Grandpa and Grandma Hermansen.
Every time I go to Ephraim I have to drive by this home. 


These 2 little pumpkins live in my favorite town.

We visited the cemetery. Here is Nora standing on the grave of her
Grandma Dora.


This is Dora


This is Grandpa Anderson better known as Little Joe.
That is my cute mom standing with him.
Dora is her mother.


This is also my mother walking across main street with Grandma Anderson.
She is known as "Minnie."
I think of her often.


Here is little Joe and Minnie on their wedding day.
May 1, 1907

Learning the lessons of the past allows you to walk boldly in the light without running the risk of stumbling in the darkness. This is the way it’s supposed to work. This is God’s plan: father and mother, grandfather and grandmother teaching their children; children learning from them and then becoming a more righteous generation through their own personal experiences and opportunities. Learning the lessons of the past allows you to build personal testimony on a solid bedrock of obedience, faith, and the witness of the Spirit.

Tonight I am grateful for the righteous and brave souls
who have gone before me. 
I think of them often. 

No comments: