I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, December 13, 2015

recitals and ornaments

Two of the little ones had a dance recital this past week.
If you ask them, it's not dance, it's ballet.
They are both so adorable and had a fabulous time.


We were in the balcony so the pictures aren't the greatest.







I love Christmas ornaments!
I'm pretty sure my mom is the one who got me started on the whole ornament thing. 
Through the years I had given my mom several ornaments, so this past
year I received all of those back. Yesterday we had a Christmas party with my
family and I decided it would be fun to share the love. 
I packaged up some of my moms ornaments and gave one to each of my
nieces and nephews. I think they liked them. 





Several years ago when my grandma passed away I asked my dad If I could please
have one of her Christmas ornaments. Because of the situation he was not able to get me one.
To my surprise, a special family member was able to get me not one ornament,
but several boxes. I have treasured these ornaments. 
Every year they are the first thing on my tree. My children love 
grandmas ornaments too. I am so thankful for this seemingly small gift.
These beautiful tear drop ornaments come in
blue, green, red and gold. 
These ornaments as well as my new received ornaments from my mother
will be treasured for many many years.





1 comment:

Cindy said...

Those ornaments are beautiful. I recently heard someone say, "I don't have a themed tree, I have a memory tree. Every ornament holds a special memory for me." I love that because our tree is the same way.