I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, March 19, 2015

random acts of kindness

Celebrate World Down Syndrome Day this March 21 
with Random Acts of Kindness! 
Help us celebrate and honor all those with Down syndrome. 


I started my random acts earlier in the week. 
 I left cookies in the break room at work.
I'm going to get my grandchildren involved on Saturday.
We'll add pictures as we go.



 It is my wish to let the world know
that having a child born with
Down syndrome is truly a blessing.
Kristen brought joy and love to the world.

I found something my dad wrote in his notebook 
shortly after Kristen was born. I'm not sure who the author is, 
but it must have had great meaning to my dad as he
penned it in his little notebook.
This is what is says,

"You make an excellent point that I have taken to heart. 
Saying one "suffers" from Down syndrome 
is a misplaced judgment. 
I believe that when our maker calls us home, 
he'll welcome all his special children first.
The rest of us will wait with bated breath,
praying for entrance.
And when you look at it from this point of view,
which of us has the handicap?"





We'll continue to celebrate her life, her beauty and her love.
We'll continue to support her friends all over the world who
are trying to feel included and loved, and especially
those who just want and need to be born.
We love and miss our angel girl.
Our Princess
(the one who could light up a room.)

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I love the quote Polly written by your dad. He so understood what others don't. The pictures are awesome. I don't believe I have ever seen them before. Kristen sure was happy with her sisters that day.

Bless you as you and your beautiful family continue to share with the world this remarkable gift of Down syndrome.

Amy Lucas said...

Love your sweet girl!