I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

grateful



I've gotten a little behind.
I'm not really sure where time goes. 
As long as I am spending my time doing what matters then
 I figure its okay to be a little behind on some things.
I am so excited for this holiday season. It officially starts Thanksgiving morning.
I LOVE everything about this time of year. 
I have been listening to Christmas music for almost a month now.
I have already watched It's a Wonderful Life, The Christmas Box and
Christmas for a Dollar.  I still have a long list of movies waiting to be watched.
I'm finally ready for the Festival of Trees. Between my girls and myself we have
decorated 9 trees to donate. I cannot wait to post pictures of the trees. 
They are all fabulous.
We have also worked many hours on other projects for the festival. 
I was recently asked the question,
"Why are you doing all of this? Aren't you tired?"
Well, yes, we are all tired. In fact we are worn.  
Why are we doing this?
KRISTEN
She is the reason.
We love her.
We miss her.
We will keep her light burning bright.

Another project we are working on is our annual Build a Bear drop.
This will be the 5th year that we deliver 24 bears to the hospital.
One for each child who is in the cancer unit.
One of my sweet friends surprised me with this darling dog that her and her daughter made.


I am so grateful for kind friends.

I am grateful for family.




















I am grateful for Kristen

1 comment:

Kristi said...

No matter how long I break from Blogging, I always come back to read your posts. I know it sounds crazy but I feel like I know you and Kristen, I have been reading so long! I can't wait to see your trees and all the lovely things you're all doing. I miss Kristen too. Love to all!
Kristi