I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, July 13, 2014

wedding fun

The girls and I catered a wedding for 350 people this weekend.
It is always a lot of fun to hang out and work together.
We like to stick to simple delicious food.
We served watermelon and grapes, spinach salad, 
ham and turkey croissants and of course cookies.
Richard even helped, he was in charge of the lemonade and ice water.
We couldn't have done it without him.
It was a fun summer evening that will be remembered 
for a very long time.







the flower girls



One of the highlights was Grandma D's red car.
All of the kids wanted their picture taken by it.





What matters most is what lasts the longest
and our families are for eternity.
~M. Russell Ballard

2 comments:

Heather said...

Its been awhile friend. I have missed you and yours. These past 2 years since Gracie and my mom have been gone, have been so strange. As I can only imagine you understand.

12 grandchildren and 3 on the way? Wow. How blessed and lucky you are.

Much love to you Polly. I have missed my friends her in blogland so very much.

Cindy said...

That food looks delicious! Now I'm hungry. And that Mustang, Wow! It looks pristine. Not to mention the flower girls, they're darling! And the view from the yard?! Well obviously I liked everything about this post! :)