I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

Our traditional weekend always starts with a quick trip out of town.
We rotate between Ephraim, Delta and Price,
this is where many of our grandparents are buried.
This year we went to Ephraim.
It was a beautiful day.
As we stop at each grave I ask my mom to share a memory of the person we are visiting.
If I was lucky enough to know the person then I shared something.
At my Grandma Poulson's grave I told the children that she always wore bright
colored heels. She also wore matching jewelry.
Grandma Anderson always wore an apron.
 It's fun to share memories of those who have paved the way.







We always have a BBQ to start of the summer season.




I spent a lot of time at Kristen's grave. 
I still go there 4-5 times a week, but during Memorial weekend I go there several times a day.
I met grandma and grandpa Kirton there Monday morning.

Bagpipe players roam the cemetery several times throughout the weekend.
The children all met me here as well. I thought I had all 9 grandchildren in the picture,
but I was missing one. 


I found her!


Kristen and my dad were the most popular in the entire cemetery.

We couldn't finish the weekend off without a quick run though the sprinklers.


We are so excited for summer to begin.
I know it doesn't officially start for a few weeks, 
but we always get the party started a little early.
We plan to put on our party pants and enjoy life.
One of our favorite things to do is to sit on the back porch and drink lemonade.

Let the sun shine through your heart.
Do something nice for someone today.

One more thing...
no matter how dark the tunnel seems,
always always always
hold on and look for the light.
It's there, I promise.

1 comment:

Amy Lucas said...

Love your pictures of your family. Very beautiful!