I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Friday, May 16, 2014

gone to heaven and a few of my favorite things

This morning another sweet girl passed from this life. 
She too fought cancer with grace and dignity.
Her father passed away unexpectedly just a few months ago.
This beautiful girl had a glimpse of heaven before she passed.
She was able to tell her family that she saw her dad, her uncle
and her grandpa. She said that they have a place for her and a
special job for her to do. She also remarked on how much love was there.

I am reminded of the morning Kristen passed from this life.
I felt as though the heavens were opened.
A few family members made comments that as they approached our home that morning
 it was glowing, almost like a pillar of light was shining down on our home.
I imagine heaven opened that morning and many of our family members
especially Kristen's grandpa were hugging her and welcoming her home.

I love this poem...

Gone From My Sight
by Henry Van Dyke

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone"

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.
And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying...


This life is not the end.
The day will come when we will once again hold Kristen in our arms.

on a lighter note,
 a few of my favorite things...


Tulips and flowers! Spring has finally arrived.



I found a few more favorites on my recent visit to Trader Joe's
Mini hamburger buns, they are totally the best ever.
Who wants a big old  hamburger anyways?
I sure don't!
This is the perfect size.


Dark chocolate peanut butter cups. 
I'll never eat a Reese's again!

The temple
I LOVE going there!

My favorite salad as of late...
Spinach with fresh strawberries and grapes topped off with cinnamon pecans.

 I love birds. When these ducks landed in the garden I seriously jumped for joy.

Summer is coming!
Nora and I are both excited.

One of my most favorite things ever is spending time with these 9 little peanuts.


Life is good

No comments: