I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Sunday, February 2, 2014

what do girls do when guys are watching football?

Have a tea party of course...












I think the party was a success.

As January came to an end I was feeling grateful,
or so I thought. What I was really feeling was ungrateful.
I even said something like,
"Okay January, don't let the door kick you in the behind."
Then I started thinking that January wasn't really that bad. 
Then I was ashamed that I missed the beauty of January.
It's kinda hard when we have been in the middle of an inversion
for so many days. It has been rather dark and dreary.
I reminded myself that every single day is a gift.
We can make it whatever we want.
There will never be another January of 2014 again.
Many wonderful things happened in January.
I just wasn't able to get past the dark days of winter.
I was focused on the weather too much and I let it affect my mood.
Next year I am going to LOVE January.

Check out what this family did to turn the storms of January 
into something beautiful, they built this
fabulous igloo. (click on the link and watch the video)


I hope to remember to always 
 live like tomorrow is a gift
because it is.
(even if the skies are gray)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

January and February are the hardest months for me. So dark and dreary. But you're right, I need to remember to look for the good things! There ARE happy moments and I need to think about those!