I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

be my valentine

I love holidays.
Yesterday began early.
Rich and I hosted a concert last night at the Assembly Hall.
This meant that all my valentining needed to be done early.
I got up and rushed to my daughter's house before the kids left for school.
Next I stopped in to see my mom and drop off some roses.
Then I headed to the cemetery to leave a little something for Kristen.
She LOVED Valentines Day!
I then went to my son's home to drop off their Valentines.
Next came little Nora, and then a quick visit to Richard's parents.
Our nephew was flying in at 12:45 from a 2 year mission in Iowa. 
We all gathered at the airport to welcome him home.
Rich and I needed to be at the Assembly Hall at 3:00 for rehearsal.
The concert was Amazing.
When we arrived home at 10:30 pm our table was full of treats that had been delivered.
It was a good day.


One of my Valentine traditions is to make everyone a sugar cookie with their name on it.
This year I bought each of the kids a box of their favorite cereal with this
note attached...
We
ceral-sly
Love You!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Love,
Grandpa Richard and Polly

 the first stop of the morning



Katy made a heart in the girls hair. They were pretty dang cute.


She also pulled out the heart shape plates for breakfast.




The kids at this house were pretty excited too!
Poor Jordan was sick, hopefully he'll get feeling better real soon.



Baby boy didn't care too much about his cookie.

Then came Nora


Elder Kirton is finally home!








The beautiful Assembly Hall 
where Rich and I spent most of our day.

The angel girl with her Valentines box in 2009

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Beautiful family! Love the cereal idea! You are super awesome and creative! I still tear up every time I see Kristen's grave. Love you my friend.