I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, February 16, 2014

banana cream cake

Back in the day I was known for 
"Polly's Banana Cake."
There was a time when I actually sold these cakes.
Now I make them for fun!
This morning I made one for my nephew who just returned 
home from a 2 year mission for our church.
 My children often ask me how to make one of these cakes,
so I thought I would post it here. 
Then they would always have access to it.

 First you start with a cake.
 I'm not really into the made from scratch cakes.
My favorite is a box mix from Duncan Heinz. 
You need whipping cream. It needs to be the heavy kind.
I like the brand that Costco carries as well as
 Wal-Mart brand as long as it says heavy.
I use powdered sugar instead of granulated,
 it makes the cream more stiff.


Mix the cream in a mixer until it is really stiff.

Slice your cake down the middle 
spread a layer of cream on the bottom layer and
 top with fresh sliced bananas.

Add another layer of cream on top of the bananas 
and then slide the top back on top.


Frost the cake with more cream and decorate to your hearts desire.




Banana cakes are best eaten the day you make them.
Store in the refrigerator and enjoy!

I think we should all eat more cake. 
Enjoy today. 

1 comment:

Kristi said...

This looks absolutely delicious!!!! I sooo want to make one of these! Thanks for sharing the recipe! And glad I stopped by, miss your blog :)
Kristi