I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Spirit of Christmas

Our family has been plenty busy this holiday season.
I can only hope that we have been busy doing the right things.
Putting up Kristen's Christmas tree and setting out a wreath for my dad
  was one of the first things I did this season.
The day after Thanksgiving I was at the cemetery decorating their spot.
It turned out to be a perfect time as a few days later it snowed and  the
temperature has been below freezing ever since then. I would have never been able to
get the re-bar into the ground. It breaks my heart to celebrate another
holiday season without these two.
The first week of December my entire family worked tirelessly at
The Festival of Trees.
The following week Richard and I spent almost every evening downtown at
the Assembly Hall on Temple Square. We are serving a service mission for our church and have
the opportunity of working with the performers who perform in the Assembly Hall.
It has been a wonderful experience and a fabulous way to enjoy the season.
This past week we delivered 24 Build a Bears to the cancer patients at
Primary Children's Hospital in honor of Kristen. This is the fifth year we have
had the opportunity to do this.  This makes over 125 bears that have been delivered in
Kristen's name.  We also delivered close to 100 pounds of candy to the
Utah Food Bank. We feel blessed to have these opportunities to serve others.
We now look forward to slowing things down a bit and spending
time with family. I am happy to say that all of my shopping is done and the
presents are even wrapped.

"Our celebration of Christmas should be a reflection of the 
love and selflessness taught by the Savior.
Giving, not getting, brings to full bloom the Christmas spirit."
~President Thomas S. Monson


This is the tree my daughter decorated and donated to the Festival in honor of my dad.
My mom purchased the tree!



The Build a Bears before delivery.




This is the fabulous Assembly Hall where Rich and I have spent so much time these past
few weeks. The concerts have been fun and uplifting and 
we feel honored to be able to serve here.

The lights on Temple Square

1 comment:

Jeana said...

You are doing so many wonderful things to honor the life of your little angel. So inspiring to me and makes me want to reach outside myself more. Thanks for sharing.