I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree

The Festival of Trees begins tomorrow!
I have spent all year preparing for this event to raise money for
the children at Primary Children's Hospital.
100% of money raised goes to the children at the hospital.
This year there are 2 trees dedicated to our little angel, Kristen.
This is the first year that we have attempted a large tree.
It turned out beautiful!
Tonight the trees will be bid on and sold to the highest bidder.
We named this tree "Merry Little Christmas" 
because that is the name of the little Alexander doll that is under the tree.








Every year Kamie also decorates a tree for Kristen.
Kamie decorated a little palm tree. She put all of Kristen's favorite things under the tree...
Better Cheddars, Santa Coke, paper, scissors, glue, beads and the
Little Mermaid. 
Hopefully I can get a better picture later.
Kamie also decorated a tree for my dad.






Here is the story that I put with the tree...

Our Little Angel

Kristen was a shining star in the lives of many.
She taught us how to live, love and laugh.
Because of her, the sun shines brighter,
the flowers are more beautiful
and the songs of the birds are heard more often.
Kristen fought leukemia with grace and dignity
for 8 of her 24 years.
We are forever grateful for the love and care
Kristen received at
Primary Children’s Hospital.
Kristen’s light continues to shine as we honor her and help
 the children at the hospital year after year.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Beautiful trees, beautiful family! Tears just remembering your sweet girl! Love you

Jeana said...

The tree turned out beautiful. We are going today and I always love looking for Kristen's trees. Because of her I hold my little ones tighter and try to enjoy them more. She will always be special to our family, as will you Polly. Sending our love this Christmas.

Patricia Goins said...

I still have a Santa coke in our pantry. Sara knows it's Kristen's coke :) The trees are lovely and your words to her are beautiful.