I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Sunday, October 13, 2013

fudge bake-off

What can you do on a rainy Sunday afternoon?
Baking is always a great idea.
So I started making a batch of fudge this afternoon.
Rich said, "That's not how my mom makes it."
Next thing I knew he had the recipe book out and was starting his own batch.
Game on!
I knew I had a chance when I saw the small pan he was using.
I warned him that his candy was going to boil over.
He ignored me.


At least he cleaned up stove.
I'll let you decide who is the BEST fudge maker in the house...

Richard's fudge

My fudge

Side by side,
His is in the blue pan, mine is in the clear pan.

I won.

Later in the day, I mentioned to Charlie that 
I did 50 squats yesterday and that today
 I would do 60, the next day 70 and so on.
He happily said that he and Brooke squatted the wall yesterday,
for a really long time.
Brooke was ready for another competition 
and the counting began...



Brooke won.
Girls 2      Boys 0

Ryan had a second surgery on Thursday.
The doctor said that things were much worse than he expected.
He was all smiles going into the surgery.
I can't say the same for the past few days.
Hopefully he'll be on the mend soon.

Another one of my favorite quotes from
 conference this past weekend,

"Our Heavenly Father, who gives us so much to delight in, also knows that we learn and grow and become stronger as we face and survive the trials through which we must pass. We know that there are times when we will experience heartbreaking sorrow, when we will grieve, and when we may be tested to our limits. However, such difficulties allow us to change for the better, to rebuild our lives in the way our Heavenly Father teaches us, and to become something different from what we were—better than we were, more understanding than we were, more empathetic than we were..."
~President Monson

2 comments:

Amy L said...

Your family is so much fun!

Rochelle said...

Oh Richard, that fudge looks really sad. LOL
Still praying for Ryan!
Love and hugs my friend.