I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Friday, October 25, 2013

birthday girls

This past week we've been celebrating birthdays.
We party the entire day and into the night.

This little girl turned one!








Next Kamie turned twenty something.
Her and Katy will both be rather upset that I am posting their picture,
I'll keep it small and then maybe they won't notice.




Next we have Sara!
She turned 5 and for her birthday she wanted her ears pierced. 
She didn't even cry.





The partying continues as tomorrow we will celebrate my mothers birthday.

Ryan's friend also had a birthday this week.
He is serving a mission in Honduras.
His mother made a cardboard cutout of him and brought it over to take a
picture with Ryan. So here is Ryan and Kody having a little party of their own.


It has been a difficult few months for Ryan. He continues to try and heal from his
last surgery. Things aren't looking so great. Now he has candida in his throat and possibly
down his esophagus due to all of the antibiotics he has been on.
Kristen also had that same problem, so I knew right away what he
was dealing with. It is very painful. He will meet with the surgeon later next week to see
how things are going. We are praying that he will not require a third surgery.

I was driving home from work the other night and thinking about how many times
I have made the same trip with Kristen sitting next to me. 
She would sit in the front seat and reach over and hold my hand.
I often put my hand over the arm rest and imagine that she is sitting there
holding my hand. Just as I was thinking about her I heard these words playing on the radio;

Go on living, Don't stop loving.
Please find something you can put your heart into.
And if the sun comes up without me tomorrow,
You'll be fine, just let it shine on you.

That's my girl, always giving me a boost just when I need it most.

Happy Friday and let the sun shine on you today.



No comments: