I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Monday, June 24, 2013

Oh what do you do in the summertime....

Summer has officially arrived!
We are excited to soak up the sun.
We love to stay up late and watch movies.
We love sitting on the porch and eating fresh peas from the garden.
Another one of our favorite things to do is to make fresh lemonade and 
then to sit on the porch and drink it. 
We love overnight camping trips, hiking and rock climbing.
We were all camped out one night last week, 
Rick said, "It seems so weird, like someone is missing."
I said, "Welcome to my world." 
Ryan is serving a mission for our church in Arizona. 
He is having the time of his life, but we still miss him.
We all agree that Kristen isn't far away. 
 We cannot physically see or touch her but we feel her presence and her light continues to shine. Although the physical bonds that Kristen and our family shared have changed
the spiritual and emotional bonds remain intact. 
I forgot to mention that we love to play with play dough and we also
love to play on the slip and slide! 
We also love to count the stars in the sky.








Fresh Lemonade

1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
7 cups of water
1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you like your lemonade)
lots of ice

Make sure that your first cup of water is hot and then add the sugar and stir until 
the sugar is dissolved. Then add the lemon juice, the rest of the water and the ice.
Stir well
Share it with someone and sit on your porch and ENJOY
















Lots more FUN to come!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Happy summer. I love how your family always soaks up the best that God has to offer in life. Looks like fun.

Cindy said...

Looks like everyone is having a great time! The scenery is beautiful and your family is too.