I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial weekend

First off, Kristen and Grandpa were the most popular people in the entire cemetery!





We started off the weekend with a hot dog roast on Saturday night.
Sunday we all met at my moms house for dinner.
Today we met at Richard's moms for a BBQ and a game of volleyball.
I think I went to the cemetery at least 3 times each day, Saturday, Sunday 
and again on Monday. Every time I went Kristen had a new bouquet of flowers. 
She is one loved little girl.


All was well until Richard showed up with a chicken.
The look on their faces is priceless.


My 6 darling granddaughters




What could be better than an ice cream sandwich on a warm spring night?



Maybe a snow-cone

Uh Oh! Someone is in trouble. Those are Kristen's beads!

 I guess it's okay if you play with them for a minute, I'm sure Kristen won't mind.

All in all we had a great weekend. 
I am blessed to have such a wonderful family.
Oh yeah, the best part of the whole weekend...
sitting on the porch drinking fresh lemonade.

No comments: