I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Kristen's Light and Christmas!

As most of you know I have a desire to keep Kristen's light burning.
My gifts are small, but they are made with love and care and the thought of Kristen
 is ever present as I work on my projects.
I was able to put together a "Dora" bag for a little girl whose father suddenly
became ill and passed away. 

Another little boy who is fighting for his life loves
Yo Gabba Gabba.
After a diligent search I was able to purchase some Yo Gabba Gabba fabric and
make both he and his brother a pillowcase. 

If you know someone who could benefit from one of my projects,
please send me an email.






I know it may seem early to even think of Christmas. 
However, there are at least 87 women who never stop thinking about Christmas.
I am honored to be one of those 87 women who serve on the
executive board for Festival of Trees.
Our work is already in full swing as we are preparing for the Festival.
The Festival raises money for children at
Primary Children's Medical Center. 
Last year over 1.8 million dollars was raised.
We hope to send that number even higher this year. 
My particular assignment is in the Elf Emporium Shop, 
(formerly known as Small Fry).
I am over seeing the felties.
Over 10,000 of these felties are hand made and filled with candy.
Felties have been a part of the festival since the festival began over 40 years ago.
As you can see they are fabulous!
Each year we add a few new patterns and retire some.
Again, the thought of Kristen is always with me as I work hard to fulfill
my responsibilities.







I'm thankful to a local fabric company who so generously donates bolts and bolts
of fabric to be used to make things for the children at the hospital.
Several quilt groups have already been busy making quilts to sell.
I was able to obtain some of this donated fabric as my committee will
be sewing pillowcases and activity bags to sell at the festival.


A sweet friend has already donated 2 Build-a-Bears for our 
annual Build-a-Bear Drop, 
Aren't they fabulous!













Kristen always was and continues 

to be "Our Light"

No comments: