I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, May 3, 2013

Do you think they celebrate birthday's in heaven?

To My Dear Sweet Kristen, 
I wish today were different.
I wish we were all going to a movie, having lunch, going bowling,
and then topping if off with presents, cake and ice cream. 
For that is how you always chose to celebrate your birthday. 
Today, it's just me here and you in heaven.
I stayed up late last night making cupcakes, decorating the table
and hanging balloons. 
Today in your honor I'll be eating cupcakes and better cheddars.
Please know that I am thinking about you, loving you and missing you, 
this side of heaven.
I can imagine you and grandpa are celebrating on your side of heaven.
Happy 27th Birthday to my Sweet Baby Girl!
Love, Mom
P.S. Your light continues to shine brightly!
I love you bigger. 









Thank You Heidi for bringing this fabulous Pooh Bear to Kristen.
It's perfect!

27 pinwheels



Kristen's last Birthday on earth 2010


















7 comments:

Karol said...

I think that every day is a celebration in heaven because every day there are more saints welcomed there. I also think that Laynee, Kristin and Carly are leading the dancing. Happy Birthday sweet Kristin and love to your family from afar. Praising God for the hope we have of dancing with them again someday.

Jana said...

Kristen's birthday parties were always the best!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday sweet Kristen.

And love and peace and prayers flow to you Polly, her adoring momma, who is missing her so desperately.

JEllen said...

Happy Birthday Kristen!! 100 more pillowcases were delivered today with your love attached. Some of them by Mrs. Seidman herself (of the Seidman Cancer Center) who now goes around talking about "the girls" to all the patients she can. But somehow I think Kristen already knows that.

Thinking of you Polly with love and hugs.

Cindy said...

Love those bowling pictures. She was such a character! Happy Birthday to Kristen.

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Kristen! I still am so touched by the love of your family, it should be an example to everyone! I think of you all very often!
xo
Kristi

Little Cottage on the Pond said...

Lovely celebration pictures :) Hugs, friend.