I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, May 20, 2013

another one of my favorites

This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I like my chocolate chip cookie kind of flat, 
so when I tried this recipe I knew it was a keeper.
Sometimes I'm in the mood for semi sweet chocolate chips and
other times I feel like milk chocolate.
Either work great in this recipe, I've even thrown in
a handful of coconut. 
These are called 
Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies
There are several recipes out there and I'm not sure who gets the credit
for this one as I have been using it for a while.

1 Cup softened butter
1/2 Cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 Cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 Cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon soda
1- 12 oz bag chocolate chips (either semi sweet or milk chocolate)

Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl cream the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
Add flour, salt, soda and baking powder.
Mix well
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.

(If they are too flat for your liking, add a little more flour)

Kristen didn't like treats. The only thing she would occasionally ask for was a chocolate chip cookie or a cupcake with no frosting. 


 These are my favorite milk chocolate chips.

I needed a quick gift for someone so I bought this awesome jar and filled
it with brightly colored salt water taffy and added a tulle bow. 
It was quick, cheap and fabulous!
Happy Monday!


1 comment:

Cindy said...

Those cookies look delicious!! And that taffy makes a great gift. Very cute!