I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

world Down syndrome day

Tomorrow is World Down syndrome day.
It is a worldwide day set aside to raise awareness about Down syndrome.
You should already know that people with Down syndrome are close to my heart.
I LOVE them! 
I am posting many pictures of Kristen.
I hope you'll notice that she is more alike other children than different.
She is daughter, a sister, a niece, an aunt, a granddaughter, and a friend.
She went to school, she danced, she sang, she had a dog, she walked,
she was potty trained before she turned 3, she dressed herself, she fed herself,
she loved to go swimming, she loved to go to lunch, 
she had a best friend, she LOVED watching movies
and the list goes on and on.

She was NEVER a burden.
She was a stinker on many occasions as were my other children.

She loved life.
She was loved by all. 
She was a pure, beautiful and genuine girl!

Tomorrow people across the world are wearing bright colorful
and even mismatched socks. I invite you to do the same. When asked about your
socks, talk about Kristen and how she was born with Down syndrome.
Tell everyone that she was a JOY as all children are.


























3 comments:

Amy L said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love Kristen's eyes, so big and pretty. Thank you for sharing Kristen, I can't say enough how much I LOVE to see her beautiful face. Hugs and love to you Polly,

Love,
Amy

Rochelle said...

LOVE!

Little Cottage on the Pond said...

So true! Always more alike than different. Our kids with a little something extra have so much to teach the world :)