I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Sunday, March 10, 2013

This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. ~Psalms 118:24

It has been a busy few weeks. It's almost been a month since I posted anything 
here on Kristen's blog. I have a lot of catching up to do. 
Although I've been busy, I always try to remember how important it is
to be busy doing good things. I feel that time spent with your family or helping others
is never wasted.  Don't get me wrong, I waste plenty of time. But at least
I am trying to be better. 
I have learned many thing these past 3 years. I have come to realize that
disappointment, sickness, sadness, even death 
are events that happen in life, but these events are not life itself. 
I have learned that even though I miss Kristen every single minute of every
single day, I can still find something to embrace, something to cherish and
I can still find joy.  
I find joy in the simple things, a sunset, the twinkling stars, the fresh fallen snow,
the birds and the flowers all because Kristen was here.

A few exciting things has happened during the past few weeks.
First, I had a biopsy, (that part wasn't fun or exciting) 
but the results were...no cancer!
I went a little crazy waiting for 10 days to hear the results.
I had told myself that if the test came back positive I would fight just like
Kristen had or like my friend Rochelle is doing right now. After many
sleepless nights I can say that my prayers were answered and I feel blessed.

Second, Richard and I are serving a service mission for our church.
We will be serving for 2 years. We will be serving at the Assembly Hall on
Temple Square. We will be working with performers as they come to the
historic Assembly Hall to perform. Most of the concerts are held 
Friday and Saturday evenings. We are excited for this new adventure!

Third, I got a job! 
I have been volunteering at the Huntsman Cancer Institute for just over a year.
It has been such a privilege to meet and serve the patients there. 
I have a great love for cancer patients and their families. 
I will now be working one day a week in the gift shop there.
I am so excited as I will still have the opportunity to visit with many of 
the patients and their families. 

Remember life is a journey, and it's important to find joy in the Journey. 

A few places I have recently found joy...

After several weeks of cold weather, dark skies and so sign of the sun
the sun is finally shining again

Peeps! I love them! I had to buy a box of every color.
It's not that I really love to eat them, I just like to look at them.



I love the fact that I get to see these 2 girls every single day.

A Birthday lunch for a sister in law


The weather is finally warming up and the kids are excited to get back outside!


This little grand daughter decided to cut her hair and donate it so it can
be made into wigs for other little girls who have lost their hair.
(like Kristen)



It is finally time to plant.
I am so excited for spring!


I have been taking a Master Gardner class for the past several months.
Now it is time to see if I have learned anything.
This in my new soil blocker.
It makes blocks of soil that you can prestart your seeds in.
I will know in about 10 days if I like it or not as I planted 160 tomato seeds yesterday.
I'll let you know if any of them actually grow.




This girl continues to bring me joy every single day.


joy  


~a feeling of great pleasure and happiness.
Synonyms; delight-gladness-pleasure-rejoicing
Look for it...you'll find it.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I loved this. I know what you mean about waiting for the sun to come back out. Depression can be rampant here in Seattle in the winter.

Looking forward to seeing all those tomatoes!

Stephanie said...

Everything sounds great! The kids are getting so big!!!! And i love Peeps too!!! And can you believe none of my kids do! Something i don't have to hide! LOL
Love you Polly!!!!!!

Rochelle said...

Biopsy? What? Ok you are in big trouble... You know your warrior friends would loved to have been praying. I am SO thankful that it is clear.
What a blessing you continue to be to so many.
Love you!