I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Blessings

It has been a very busy few weeks. 
Whoever said things slow down after the holidays was wrong.

Today marks 30 months since Kristen went to heaven. 
Unbelievable 
It seems like forever ago that I heard her 
sweet voice or held her in my arms.
Whoever said that things would get easier 
after time passes was also wrong.

Kim brought  Nora in for a while last night. 
She was dressed in her Minnie Mouse outfit. 
Kamie thought she needed a special treat to go with her special outfit.
I think she was right.




Today Nora received a blessing at church.
She was darling in her special dress. 
I love her red hair! 
She is the sweetest baby. 




I am so thankful that I have been blessed with such 
amazing children and grandchildren. 
They help me more than they could ever know.
Because of them life is good. 
Actually, it's grand.

A thought for today...

“The trick is to enjoy life.

Don't wish away your days,

waiting for better ones ahead.

The grand and the simple.

They are equally wonderful.” 

~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

3 comments:

The VW's said...

What a sweet little cutie!!! Love and Hugs!

Rochelle said...

Hugs to you dear friend. I can only imagine those months seem like eternity.

Cindy said...

Oh, that baby is precious! Praying for you today.