I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, December 13, 2012

gingerbread

The traditions continue.
Our annual gingerbread house making night has come and gone.
I could have brought in the garden house and sprayed down the kitchen
after we were through. Oh boy, did we ever make a huge mess,
but it was well worth it! 
I made gingerbread men with my great grandma's cookie cutter.
It has become a tradition. My mom remembers her grandmother using
this same cookie cutter every Christmas.


Before the kids arrived

After the kids had enough fun, their mothers finished up.


Nora's first gingerbread house


My house has an angel watching over it.

If I could just figure out how to keep that yummy smell of gingerbread in my house.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Look at that sweet Nora, would you?

Your house is filled with such love and beauty Polly and you have such am angel guiding you through these days.

I never heard back from you or I hope I didn't miss a message, about the bear delivery. Not happening maybe this year.

I loved hearing about your Henry Wadsworth Longfellow video. I know for certain that it will truly be a beautiful evening.

Sending love form afar dear friend.

Rochelle said...

I love your holiday traditions. Off to buy stuff to attempt yr English toffee.