I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas

Christmas was filled with family, traditions and fun.
I am happy to say that we have a home that believes, 
not only in the magic of Santa,
but also in the reality of our Savior, Jesus Christ,
for He is the true reason behind our celebration.
The Christmas spirit doesn't last for just one day, it continues each
and every day as we enjoy the spirit of  hope, love, peace and joy
all year long.

As I was shopping I saw this sign...

Of course I thought of Kristen. Oh how I miss that little girl!
Even though she isn't here, my love for her continues to grow.
She truly is my everything. She was and continues to be 
perfect in every way. She continues to be a part of every single celebration.
Every year for Christmas I give each of my children  a "Kristen Gift."
That is a gift that she would want them to have or a gift that she would 
have wanted. This year they all received this Winnie the Pooh ornament.


Christmas Eve night we met at the cemetery. I made jingle bell sticks for the 
kids and we gathered around and sang "Jingle Bells."
I'm sure both my dad and Kristen thought we were funny,
standing there in the snow singing our guts out.

 



Christmas Eve is always spent at my parents home.
We are never short on gifts or laughter.






Christmas morning all of my children gather at my home for more gifts 
and breakfast.
On Christmas day we spend time with Richard's family, darn I forgot my camera.
Even though I don't have pictures, there is quite the celebration there as well. 


Someone thought the kids all needed a sword, as long as they use them on Charlie,
I think it's a great idea.

Lets not forget this was Nora's first Christmas.
She is such a sweet little girl.

One last thing...
24 Build a Bears were delivered to Primary Children's Medical Center.
They were delivered to the children in the ICS unit,
those are the children who are fighting cancer, the ones who didn't
make it home for Christmas.
Thank you to those who helped with the bears!
The children LOVED them!


4 comments:

Amy L said...

Beautiful! I love the family traditions that you have that include Kristen and your Dad. You have the sweetest grandchildren (you already know that)too!

Cindy said...

This was amazing! I absolutely love the Pooh ornaments, what a great idea! And the build-a-bears... such an inspiration.

Peter Olson said...

Thank you for sharing your Christmas with us. :-)
I pray that God will continue to bless you in the New Year.
Happy New Year!

Mom of 12 said...

Sounds like you had a beautiful memorable Christmas.
Sandy