I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Catching my breath

Crazy busy has been the name of the game lately. Today is the first day in a while that I feel like I can finally catch my breath. I just barely opened the mail from last week. The newspapers aren't even going to be opened. The Festival of Trees ran all last week. I spent the entire week at the festival. I would arrive around 8 in the morning and return home after midnight. I believe it was time well spent. I haven’t heard the totals yet but I suspect that almost 2 million dollars was raised for the children at Primary Children’s Medical Center. Many times I found myself tearing up as I thought about Kristen and all of the other children fighting for their lives.
 It was an astounding week full of many miracles. 

This is the shop that I was working in. 

Early one morning before the festival opened a fork lift operator took us up to
the ceiling to see the trees from a different view. 
There were over 700 trees decorated, donated and then purchased.

Speaking of purchased... I could not help myself and I did buy a tree.
This beautiful tree was decorated with a music theme.
The family that donated the tree lost their little boy 12 years ago.
Every year since they have decorated a tree in honor of a family member.
This tree was decorated in honor of their grandmother who lived well into
her ninety's. She played the organ in church until the time of her death.
The tree was decorated in purple, which happens to match the pillows on my couch.
It just so happened that the girls showed up in their purple shirts, so of course
I had to take their picture.





I love my tree! 

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

OOOOO I love your tree too. Purple is my favorite. So thankful the week went so well. Love the pic from the ceiling. Beautiful simply beautiful!