I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Monday, December 10, 2012

candles for Kristen

Thank you to those who lit candles for Kristen last night.
We went to the cemetery and lit candles for her and for my dad.
I had a few pictures e-mailed to me and thought I would share those.
(I am sure there were many more but these are the ones I received)

The first two came from Heidi in Florida


Kristen's sister Kamie had this candle burning at her house

This was at my mom's house

The cemetery



I decided we needed a little cuteness so I'm adding this picture of Claire.
Kamie came by a few nights ago with 13 Build a Bears.
They are piled on the table behind Claire.
Next week we will be delivering 24 bears to the children in the cancer unit
at Primary Children's Medical Center. This will be the fourth year 
we have made the Build a Bear drop.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

AHHH how did I miss the date? Sorry I missed it but, I lit my candle and said prayers for your family this morning! Love you all!