I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."~ Churchill

Several of us have been working for the past several months on projects
for the Festival of Trees.
Last night we gathered together to package gifts for the gift shop 
and treats for the sweet shop.
What would have taken me hours to complete was completed in
less that an hour. Of course I forgot to take pictures while everyone
was here, but I did get pictures of the finished products.
We filled crowns and snowmen with candy, we packaged 
gumballs, cinnamon santas and gumdrops.
Many dropped of their gifts that they have been working on for months.
Thanks again to all of those who helped!







Peggy made this precious item,
It is a little doll cradle... 

that turns into a little purse!


Pam has been embroidering these
dish towells

Janalyn made this cute pillow

Peggy also make a few of these aprons

Nicole made these fabulous necklaces

Katy has been making her famous
bows and headbands

Traci made these cute little things that turn into
a little race track


Several helpers have been making pillow cases

I had a lot more items turned in a few weeks ago.
I turned them in before I got pictures. 
Everyone's items have been fabulous!
If you live in the area, you'll want to get to the Festival 
early so you can buy some of these cute items.

A quick side note...
One of Kristen's favorite things is hitting shelves 
at you local store...
SANTA COKE!
You are going to want to buy some  and think
of Kristen as you enjoy it.

4 comments:

Heather said...

What an amazing community you are part of and you all and Kristen of course, are so loved!

Will you be delivering bears this year? Would love to get a few off to you again this year. Just message me on FB or email me. Which ever is easiest!

Cindy said...

What an amazing outreach! You have such a big heart and it seems you have surrounded yourself with like minded people. You are a blessing. If I lived closer I'd definitely come!

Michele Risner said...

I love all these items you posted. I wish I had an ounce of craftiness in me.

Tricia said...

We have bought one each year in memory of Kristen! I love all that you do to help others : o )