I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, November 22, 2012

more Thanksgiving

We were able to spend Thanksgiving with my mom today.
Luckily it was all of my children's turn to eat with us this year as well.
We will never get used to the fact that my dad and Kristen
are not here to share these special days with.
We do know that they are close and watching over us.
We are thankful that we have so many memories of the two of them.
We also find comfort knowing that they are together.
We have been very blessed and we have so very much to be thankful for.
Our lives are full of peace and joy. 
We tried to snap a picture while we were all together.
My mom was the photographer and she was making all of us laugh.
The pictures are not great, but at least we are all together.
While we hold our past memories close to our hearts,
we will continue as a family to make more because 
family is what matters most.
Tonight I am thankful for my blessings both here on earth
and my blessings in heaven.
Happy Thanksgiving!









No comments: