I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Monday, November 5, 2012

leaves a plenty

The weather here has been fabulous. I love fall and we seem to be getting
plenty of it. One of the kids favorite things to do is to rake up the leaves
and then play in them. Whenever I start raking leaves I always
think of my dad. He always had the kids come over and rake his leaves.
Kristen even liked to help rake the leaves.

These first few pictures were taken in 2008.
Kristen had just finished a round of chemo.


Richard is a little creepy in this one...



Yesterday the kiddies had a blast playing in the leaves.








Happy November

2 comments:

Jana said...

mmm raking leaves at grandma and grandpa's and then jumping in them. best thing ever! miss that...

Heather said...

I miss my NY State upbringing where leaves and snow were such a blast. Now, I don;t miss it enough to go back. 25 years was enough.

However, it was 86 or so here today and that was not at all fallish and I did not enjoy it much!

Love to you all. Am sure you are enjoying that new baby. Nothing quite like new life.