I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

fall is in the air

Finally, I can open the windows and feel a slight crispness, which is better than heat bellowing in. 
I love summer, but I also love fall. One of my favorite parts about fall is when I finish canning. 
I love to put up fresh fruit and vegetables, but I love it more when I am finished.
 I wish I could say I was finished but I am still looking for more peaches.
 Rich went out to the hives and harvested some of the honey. 
 It is always fun to watch. This batch of honey is dark and rich in color. 











September also brings Cody's birthday.
 It is hard to imagine that I have a 9 year old grandson. 
Happy Birthday Cody!




This cookie totally kicks Mrs. Fields trash,
 and it is much less expensive.
I'll have to post the recipe. 


With the coming of Fall, we are also getting 
closer to meeting grandchild #8.
Kim only has 4 weeks until her baby girl makes her appearance.
Her in-laws had a shower for her this past weekend.
You gotta love this
motorcycle made out of diapers and other baby stuff.







I have also been busy spreading Kristen's light.
One of our friends, who had a bone marrow transplant just after Kristen,
relapsed this past week. It breaks my heart.
She is a fighter and will continue to fight.
I was able to make her a build a bear and have it delivered to her.
I remember how excited Kristen was to receive gifts in the hospital.
I have also made a few more activity bags for children who are fighting cancer.
I wish I could do more, but for now I hope I can at least bring a smile to the face of a child.




3 comments:

Rochelle said...

How did I miss you have your own bees? Super yummy! You are always full of surprises.

Cindy said...

Polly you have a heart of gold! Your canned fruit looks yummy!

Joyce said...

Oh my golly. How did I miss Kim being pregnant?!!? Congrats Kim and to all of you on the anticipation of another grandbaby!