I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

birthday, grandparent day & peg people

Life is crazy busy. I keep asking myself if I am crazy busy doing things that matter.
I often have to stop and ask myself if I am on a path that leads toward a
life of meaning, gladness and peace. 
Time spent with family is never wasted. Time spent celebrating a birthday
is never wasted. Time spent with my grandchildren in never wasted. 
Time spent doing good for others is never wasted.

Today we celebrated the birthday of my oldest daughters husband, Charlie.
He often jokes with me and asks me when he is going "to make" the blog.
So today just for your birthday, 
Charlie, You made the blog!
Thanks Charlie for always taking care of Kate and the children.
I had fun trying to take a few pictures of their family the other night. 
We quickly lost sunlight so I think we will try again, but for now,
these pictures will do.








Today was Grandparent Day for the 2nd graders.
Brooke was so excited for me to come and have lunch with her.
She asked if I could put our picture on my blog I told her I don't put pictures of myself on
my blog. She said, "Please"
So here it is just for Brooke. 
Good thing it was a little blurry.



And now on to the peg people...
Kim has been crafting lately. She has been making items to donate to 
The Festival of Trees. 
They are fabulous! I will post more later.
I told Kim she better hurry and finish before her baby arrives.
I have a feeling all crafting will come to a sudden halt.





2 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh how I love a blog post filled with purple! Happy birthday Charlie!! Beautiful, Beautiful family. How fun to go to school again Polly, even if it was for just a day. Oh the peg people, a red head wearing purple. Got to love that:)

Rochelle said...

Love your beautiful family (you are top of that list!)
Those peg people are seriously cute!