I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

another birthday and curesearch walk

One thing we are never short on is Birthdays.
Yesterday was the birthday of my oldest son. 
Rick has always been a great blessing to our family.
He works harder than anyone I know.
Currently he is building a home for his family.
He is working 16 hours a day. Hopefully they will be able to move in 
before the snow flies. 
I thought I would start with a few pictures of him when he was little.
(He's gonna love me for this)

Rick and his grandpa at 6 months old

His first Birthday

 Kindergarten

His 29th Birthday Party with his 2 girls



Today we had the opportunity to participate in the Curesearch walk.
CureSearch for Children's Cancer is a national non-profit foundation whose mission is to fund and support children's cancer
 research and provide information
and resources to all those affected by children's cancer.
Bandannas were passed to all of the participants.
Lime green represented cancer survivors,
kelly green was for those currently under treatment
and mint green were for those who were walking in
memory of a child.
I was complaining a bit when I picked up my bandanna,
I mentioned that I wish I could have a lime green one.
The lady politely said that I could have any color I wanted.
I picked up the mint green one and said,
"This is who I am, the mother of a child who did not survive
childhood cancer." 

 



There was a balloon release for the children who were being honored.
One of those white balloon represents my sweet girl.


Sometimes late at night Rich and I go for a ride.
It seems we always end up here.
I usually don't tell him that I had already been here today.


1 comment:

Lindsay Marie said...

That picture of you wearing the mint green bandanna brought tears to my eyes. Kristen is so loved and missed.