I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Friday, August 31, 2012

childhood cancer awareness


September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
I made this video last year and wanted to share it again.
It is a different year, yet the facts remain the same.

*Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer of children.

*One in every 330 children will develop cancer before the age of 10.

*One out of every five children diagnosed with cancer dies.

This past year 2 of the children featured in this video have relapsed,
both have received a bone marrow transplant and for the moment
are doing well.
You can help by becoming a bone marrow donor.
sign up here



1 comment:

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

Well my friend. September is upon us. Childhood Awareness Month and for you all, 4 years since Kristen was diagnosed with AML. A month none of us want to be participating in but for you, even more so.

But here you are, spreading the word and spreading Kristen's light.

Watching that and seeing all those precious children's faces, well, it stirs in me the knowledge that I must stay connected to this cause. To find a cure. Of all of Zoey's diagnoses, leukemia and our walk beside other families fighting that cancer and so many others, this diagnosis, continues to call me to act.Too many children lost. Far too many.

Thank you for this video once again Polly. Thank you for keeping Zoey close to your heart. All of these kids close to your heart.

Love to you and yours. Always.