I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, July 23, 2012

birthday girls & relay for life

This past week we celebrated Kali's 1st Birthday.
She is such a little sweetheart. 
She is so tiny yet she walks around 
like she owns the place.
Happy Birthday Kali Ann
We love you!













We also celebrated Claires 2nd Birthday.
We took her to Build a Bear. 
she was the most popular girl in the store. 
Happy Birthday Claire
We love you!








Friday night we had the opportunity to participate in
Relay for Life.
Relay is a fundraiser sponsored by the
American Cancer Society.
The luminary ceremony was very touching
and powerful. Those who lost their battle with
cancer were spotlighted in a slide show.
Luminaries were placed around the track with
the names of loved one  on them.
A bag pipe player led the entire group around the
track as were able to reflect on our 
loved ones. This happened to fall on the 2 year
anniversary of Kristen's death. It was an 
emotional evening and I am thankful that
I had the opportunity to participate.
I would like to thank my family and friends
who donated money to our team. and to those who
came and walked with us.
I will definitely be participating in Relay next year.







2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh, I wish I would have come over. I was in the park with Max, but he was screaming, angry that I woke him up from his car nap. I gave up and took him home :)

Alice Fraggle said...

I love your last picture - it looks like the spirits of the lantern owners are there.