I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Sunday, July 1, 2012

another birthday and some 4th of July treats

One thing we're never short of around here is Birthdays.
Yesterday we celebrated the birthday of this guy...



He is the one who carries the wisdom.
He also keeps us all on our toes while at the same time 
reminds us to keep our feet on the ground.
Happy Birthday Rich

With the 4th of July arriving in just days, 
I thought I would make his birthday treats red white and blue.
You know I'm struggling to find what I'm looking for when
I pull out the red and blue jello.
Oh well, It worked.



This stuff is fabulous, especially the ribbon coconut.
I did learn that it is best to wait for the mixture to cool a bit
before adding the m&m's. 




Oh yes, the baby girl is walking. 
It doesn't hardly seem possible that her birthday is quickly approaching. 


With the arrival of July, my minds keeps wondering back to July 2010.
It seems like yesterday, yet it seems like a lifetime ago.

"Grief is like the ocean,
it comes on waves ebbing and flowing.
Sometimes the water is calm,
and sometimes it is overwhelming.
All we can do is learn to swim."
~Harrison


We love and miss you Kristen.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Your house is always festive for each holiday, love it. We miss Kristen too. Hugs.
Happy birthday Rich!

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

Keeping you close, especially this month my sweet friend. Thankful you are surrounded by that big beautiful family of yours but know the ache you feel for that missing piece, is ever present.

You and your crafts and goodies and festive house just so put me to shame. I need to hang with you so you can teach me some of the tricks of your trade. Wouldn't that be nice?

Groves said...

“Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.”

{Edna St. Vincent Millay}

*****

Pardon the language...although having to part with Kristen most certainly forces you to live in the hell of that separation. There is probably no other word that fits, exactly.

July makes me think of her - and of you - even more. She is not forgotten. You are not forgotten.

And it hurts.

Hurts.

Hurts.

She will *always* matter,

Cathy in Missouri