I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Friday, July 20, 2012

2 years

Dear Kristen,

It's been 2 years since I last held you in my arms and heard your sweet voice.
During these past 2 years I have learned a few things.
I have learned that time cannot heal your absence, how could it?
Time has no voice, it has no smile and it has no heart.
I will always be a grieving mother. I will always miss you.
I will always love you.
I have become familiar with loss, your loss. It is now a natural part of my life.
Endure is what I now do, endure is what God asks us to do.
I have learned that it does not need to be an agonizing endurance,
I can find joy along the way,but I have to look for it.
One of the most important things I have learned is that it is
possible to feel sorrow, joy and peace at the same time.
 I still have dark hours,and I have them often, however,
I have the hope of an awaiting sunrise and an eternal morning,
this brings light and love into my heart.

I believe if Kristen could say something to us she would say,

"Don't lose your way
With each passing day
You've come so far
Don't throw it away
Live believing
Dreams are for weaving
Wonders are waiting to start
Live your story
Faith, hope & glory
Hold to the truth in your heart"

 

10 comments:

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

Sending you all an abundance of love and prayers. Letting you know that Kristen's beautiful light will always shine bright for me. she touched me and changed me Polly. Thank you for sharing her so unselfishly with us all.

Big Zoey hugs and kisses coming your way.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

((HUGS)) My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Amy L said...

Beautiful! I'm in tears as I watch this. What a precious angel she is. Love you and your family Polly. Thank you for bringing Kristen into our lives and for continuing to share her with the world.
Love,
Amy

Cindy said...

I will try to watch the video tonight after work. I'll be thinking about you today.

Tricia said...

Polly, What a beautiful legacy Kristen has left behind! She has touched more people than you can imagine I am sure! Hugs from Texas : o )

Rochelle said...

My sweet Polly,
I am a sobbing mess after that video. You are so right that Kristen made the world a better place.
Many hugs and prayers especially on this day for you.
I am thankful for your beautiful spirit that continues to shine brightly and brighten this world@

Joyce said...

How honored we are to be included in this very special video in memory of Kristen. Kristen's light will always shine and I know one day Kristen and Sarah are going to have a grand party like heaven has never seen before. Hugs to you and the family on this bittersweet day.

Kristin said...

Hugs :)

Groves said...

Beautiful, beautiful Kristen.

You are so much missed.

Cathy in Missouri

The VW's said...

What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl! Kristen has definitely touched many lives, and has truly made this world a better place! Love and Hugs!