I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, June 8, 2012

grief

Grief is laughing with your children and wishing for the absent one to make the circle
complete.

Grief is crying in your car at stoplights.

Grief some days makes you brutally honest; other days, grief muzzles you.

Grief reconstructs your heart.

Grief is sadness, hope, smiles and tears rolled tightly like a snowball.

Grief makes you search past the stars and the moon for Heaven.

Grief strips you of everything you were pretending to be.

Grief gives you new priorities.

Grief opens hidden treasures from deep with in your soul.

Grief allows you to empathize more deeply with others who ache.

Grief makes you unapologetically bold.

Grief is a daily companion, best dealt with by admitting you do walk with it, 

even after all these years.

Grief is the price of love.

~unknown



Here's the yellow butterfly that was following me around the yard yesterday.


In honor of Kim's birthday yesterday... a little Kristen and Kim cuteness 






The following pictures were taken after midnight almost exactly 2 years ago.
Kristen was laughing so hard she could hardly breathe.








3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Beautiful poem and I LOVE the pictures. You know Kristen's life has taught me many things but one of them has been to take many pictures and videos of our kids. I love all these sweet memories that you can cherish!

Amy L said...

I love seeing all of these pictures of Kristen. But I have to admit I cried through the whole post. On that day in July that marks another year without Kristen, also brings you one year closer to seeing her again. I like to think of it that way. You are always in my prayers Polly. I pray to God that Kristen will be one of the first people I get to see in Heaven one day. She is precious!

Cindy said...

Beautiful pictures! Brought a smile to my face.