I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

We spent the day doing what we do best,
spending time with family. Several times throughout the
day I thought about the one who was missing.
Actually, the two, Kristen and my dad.
Both Kristen and my dad loved these special occasions when 
we would all gather for fun, food and games.
As we continue to gather, we continue to share stories and memories
all while making new ones.
I feel so very blessed to have 6 of the
most amazing children any mother could ever hope for.
I have also been blessed to have the
world's best mom.
I am so very proud of my children who have become mothers and fathers
themselves and are raising their children in love and righteousness.
Today was a good day.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in my life. 

Wouldn't you know, I forgot I had my camera until almost
everyone had left. I did manage to get a couple of pictures from the day.
If you want to make really good chocolate covered strawberries,
I highly recommend using the large Symphony milk chocolate bars, they make
a fabulous treat that any mother would love.







A friend sent me this picture just in time for Mother's Day
from the beach in Venice, Florida.
A sweet reminder that Kristen lives on in the hearts of many,
that she is loved and remembered.



No comments: