I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

birthday celebration

Dear Kristen,
I started the day early. First I decorated the kitchen table with 
pictures, balloons and beads. I then went to the cemetery and set up 
26 windmills as you would have turned 26.
Grandma met me there, she had pink flowers for you and
red flowers for grandpa. Kelli also came and brought you an angel.
Someone had been there the night before and left you a candle and
some beautiful pink beads. I think I know who it was, she is always  
coming and leaving you treasures.
I then went to the temple. As I entered a certain sacred room,
I paused and asked you,
"Kristen, is this what heaven looks and feels like?"
It truly felt heavenly and I could imagine you standing next to me
with your arm in mine.
Later we met the kiddies at the cemetery to send you 
26 pink and yellow balloons. We also passed around a box of your favorite crackers,
Better Cheddars!
A few of us even fit in your favorite birthday activity, BOWLING!
Later we again gathered for pizza, cupcakes and your favorite drink, coke.
A few of us went again to the cemetery to send you some lanterns.
We almost set the trees on fire. I'm sure you got a good laugh out of that.
Our family and friends were very kind as they left you many flowers and gifts.
Even though my heart continues to harbor great sorrow,
I  felt peace and joy as I celebrated your life.
Throughout the day we shared many tears and many memories of you.
You always loved your birthday and looked forward to it.
We wish we could have enjoyed many more birthdays with you here.
You were and continue to be one of  my greatest blessings.
I love you bigger than the ocean.
Love, Mom 


























5 comments:

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

Sending you all peace and love today Polly and sending birthday wishes skyward to your beautiful girl.

ec832c8e-bda8-11e0-9683-000bcdca4d7a said...

These are some of the sweetest, dearest pictures I have ever seen. Tears came to my eyes as I saw all of the people who love your dear Kristen. And your experience in the temple, so close to heaven. You are a great lady and I have so much admiration for you.

Rochelle said...

Looks like your celebration was fabulous, I know Kristen is smiling down! Love and hugs!

Cindy said...

Such a sweet celebration! Happy Birthday Kristen!

Joyce said...

Beautiful. All for Kristen:) Hugs Polly.