I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, April 20, 2012

Mommy Bags

Today marks 640 days since I last held my girl in my arms.
21 months ago we said goodbye to our little angel.
During those months I have spent a lot of time reading and learning.
Last night I started reading a new book.
The book is about a man who lost his wife. 
In the first chapter he says,

"There has been a continent shift in my life that will be understood 
by many who have been where I am. Grief is love's shadow. 
It is cast over me now by the loss of Laurie, but it need not block the sunlight. 
That light is always shining above the clouds somewhere, 
and though I cannot currently feel it's rays,
 I assume she can, and their is comfort in that."
~S. M. Wilcox

I too find comfort in knowing that Kristen can see and feel those
beautiful rays of sunshine. 
Many would believe that time would heal or fill Kristen's absence, 
but it does not.  The only thing that will fill Kristen's absence
is Kristen. I will continue to endure each and every day. I'll continue
to keep her light front and center until the day that I will
indeed hold her in my arms again. 

Last year we started making parent bags for the parents of children who 
are fighting cancer. I know first hand how much a bag such as this would
be appreciated. The past few months I have been working on Mommy bags.
These are simple book bags made with Mom in mind.
As I have spent the last several weeks volunteering at 
the Huntsman Cancer Institute I have  noticed that these bags
would also be appreciated by many of the cancer patients there.
Today, in honor of Kristen I have chosen to spend some time making and delivering
these bags. If you know anyone who could use a bag, please e-mail me
 and I will get one sent out as soon as possible.



3 comments:

Salinas family said...

what a beautiful way to honor Kristen and bless the lives of those going through
such difficult times! Polly, you are a great example of how we can use heartbreak
and pain for good, as service to others.
Beautiful post; beautiful example.
Sending love,
Karen

Rochelle said...

You are so amazingly wonderful and such a blessing to so many!

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

These are beautiful Polly. Just as you and that amazing heart of yours are. And that girl of yours, we all miss her desperately for you and are privileged to watch you continue to make sure her light shines brightly.