I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter

A busy week
This past week My son took my car to southern Utah for spring break.
Wouldn't you know that he ran into a bit of car trouble.
My husband, my son, his family and myself drove down to fix the car.
Luckily, my husband knows how to do EVERYTHING.
After a few hours, new spark plugs and 2 new coils the 
car was again ready to go.
We stayed for a couple of days and enjoyed the much needed sunshine.
While we were there I took Jordan and Sara for a walk.
We found a fountain and I gave them some 
pennies and told them to make a wish
and then throw the money in the fountain.
Sara grabbed the money and immediately yelled,
"I wish for Kristen!"
I thought, me too.





The next big task of the week was to fill over 600 eggs for grandma
Kirton's Easter egg hunt.
Luckily I had plenty of helpers.



Today we gathered at Grandma's for the hunt.
Everyone got plenty of eggs.






It wouldn't feel right if I didn't share a picture or 2 of Kristen.
She LOVED Easter!
Here she is enjoying her last Easter here on earth, 2010


Coloring eggs in bed, Easter 2009

I took her an Easter basket today as well as a few other things.


"Our Savior lived again. The most glorious, comforting, and reassuring of all events of human history had taken place—the victory over death. 
The pain and agony of Gethsemane and Calvary had been wiped away. 
The salvation of mankind had been secured.
Even in our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace 
from the words of the angel that first Easter morning:
 ‘He is not here: for he is risen."
~Thomas S. Monson

A blessed Easter to  my family and friends.
May you find the peace your heart desires.

5 comments:

Alex's Mom said...

Happy Easter to you and your family.We think of Kristin often.

Amy L said...

Happy Easter Polly! Seeing Kristen makes my heart smile and I am so looking forward to meeting her one day. God Bless you and your beautiful family! And congratulations on your new position! How exciting!
Love, Amy and sons

Rochelle said...

Blessed Easter to you my friend. Seeing the pictures of Kristen has me in tears today. Thankful she is loving life with our savior and thankful for your family surrounding you so that you can enjoy the day.

Cindy said...

You filled 600 eggs?! That's a lot of eggs!

Glad you had a very Happy Easter. He is risen indeed!

Tricia said...

What a perfect way to use your talent/gifts and honor Kristen!

That egg hunt looks amazing : o )