I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Katy

31 years ago my first baby was born.
Katy Jo entered this world with big bright eyes.
She is sweet, kind and beautiful.
She is a blessing to many.


Here she is at 3 months old.


Today we did what we usually do...
Party! 
There was plenty of cake and presents.



Katy hinted that she wanted this really awesome bowl,
after checking several stores I finally found it this past weekend
while I was in Colorado.  She's right, it is fabulous!




I tried to get one good photo of Katy and her children.
I finally gave up.
They are all a bunch of clowns.



Happy Birthday Kate
and many more fabulous birthday's to come.

One more thing...
Kristen loved and adored her big sister Katy,
and I'm probably going to get in trouble for this next picture.
Oh well, I'll take my chances.


4 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Kate!

Swilor Family said...

Happy Birthday Katy! She's the tiniest pregnant mama I've ever seen! How could she be mad at you posting that sweet belly?!

Groves said...

Could such a beautiful picture of two beautiful girls make anyone get upset...?

I'm glad you posted it. And I hope you won't get in trouble. I think it's a gorgeous picture of what true love looks like. I love it.

Cathy in Missouri

Joyce said...

I love that last photo:) Happy birthday Katy!