I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Monday, April 23, 2012

cancer patients and water bladders

I have often said that those fighting cancer are the most
kind, caring and humble souls I know. I had the opportunity 
to meet many children who were fighting cancer when Kristen
was in the hospital and each of these children were simply
the most amazing children I had ever met. As I have been 
volunteering at the Huntsman Cancer Institute I have also
had the opportunity to meet many adults who are also fighting
cancer. Today as I entered a room I was greeted by a patient holding a 
sack full of darling crocheted hats adorned with flowers.
 The patient had been making them for
the children who are also fighting cancer. I was asked to deliver
the hats to Primary Children’s hospital. I was honored to deliver
the hats to the oncology clinic. 
I LOVE cancer patients! 
Is it possible that these precious souls 
are more easily able to determine what is really important in life?
Maybe we should all be more like them.


On a much lighter note...
I came home today and found these 3 girls in the back yard 
laughing their guts out.
Seems one of them seen this water bladder on Pinterest and decided to give it a try.
I'll have to admit it felt amazing as we laid there looking at the sky
and soaking in the sun.
It reminded me of my old water bed I had in the 80's.
We'll see how long it holds up once the kiddies arrive.
Happy Monday!






Update on the water bladder...
The kiddies showed up and had some fun,
but I think Charlie had the most fun.






More importantly,
Charlie, you made the blog!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I saw this on Pinterest too! Glad to know it really works!

Joyce said...

Wow!!!

JennyH said...

That looks fun!!