I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

the r-word & orphan spotlight day 7

the r-word

Spread the word to end the word is an ongoing effort to raise the consciousness of society about the dehumanizing and hurtful effects of the word retard and retarded.
Respectful & inclusive language is essential to the movement for the dignity and humanity of people with intellectual disabilities. However, much of society does not recognize the hurtful
effects of the word. 

Cute Sara has made am awesome video to help end the word.
Please think before you speak.

Orphan spotlight day 7
I bring you sweet 
Madison
Isn't she a doll

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I love your orphan spotlite!!! I also love the boarders you put up around the pictures, it really brings out the children and shows their beauty!! I wish the rr site could put up the beautiful boarders on all the kids. It makes a world of difference!!!