I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Orphan spotlight day 13 and a little more

I know I have already done a little spotlight on Bernadette,
but I have fallen love with her and need to help her find a
family SOON. 
Her hair reminds me of Kristen's hair when it was growing out after
chemo. I want to reach out and rub her little head.  
Bernadette needs to find a family before November.
After November she can no longer be adopted.
She’s a lovely little girl. Despite being 15, 
she looks about 8 years old, 
and a petite 8 at that.  She is a sweet little girl with plenty of energy. 
 She likes what most 8 year olds would like- dolls, playing with toys, 
watching cartoons. 
She sounds just like Kristen!
Bernadette has a huge grant of 
$10,521.00
Please visit reecesrainbow.org 
for more info.

It has been a sad few days for us cancer moms.
Yet another little love lost his battle with leukemia (AML).
Our heartfelt prayers go out to the family of little critter.


I hate cancer.

I have been a little under the weather these past few days.
I told Richard, Yup, I think It just might possible
to die of a broken heart.
I was wrong, the EKG said my heart is fine.
I'm still waiting for blood tests, however,
my doctor thinks I am dehydrated.
I also got in trouble for not eating.
I'm Like, dude, look at me, I eat.
He asked me if I eat 3 meals a day.
I sort of said, ummm no.
He then said that I am not getting enough calories to
sustain cell growth. I was ordered to start eating 
3 meals every day and for the next few days I also
need to drink a gallon of fluids. He kindly offered to hook
me up to an IV and push the fluids, but I promised I
would drink. So drinking I am.

Today I am hoping for 3 things
~ a family for Bernadette
~ a cure for cancer
~ for my head to stop spinning


hey, a girl can hope can't she

2 comments:

The VW's said...

Love and Hugs to you dear friend!

Carolyn said...

I hate cancer too!! I hate all disease especially when they target kids!! This post made me cry when I read the part about dying from a broken heart. I truly know what you mean. Hugs to you!! And thank you for what you use to make the beautiful boarders!! I hope tomorrow is better for you and you have some magic!!