I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

valentine surprises

 I went to the cemetery 3 times today.
The first trip I took some balloons.
The second trip I let the balloons go.
The third trip I lit some candles.
I then came home and loaded the pictures on my computer.
I found this little surprise...


just a fluke? maybe, but it did calm my heart.



I also spent the day making treats for the kiddies.
What would Valentine's Day be without sugar cookies and
chocolate dipped strawberries?






I would have to say that the children definitely had their share of sugar.

My mind keeps going back to this time 2 years ago.
Kristen and Rick were getting ready for the bone marrow transplant.
I'm not sure of the exact date of this picture, but I do know it was in February
and by the looks of Kristen's outfit, it must have been pretty close
to Valentine's Day.
She LOVED every single holiday and always dressed accordingly.
Here at this house, we are going to continue to celebrate and continue to include
Kristen in our celebrations, that is what she would want us to do.
Happy Valentine's Day!


8 comments:

ParkerMama said...

I LOVE this post. I totally see that heart.....the balloons are heading straight towards it.

I have a question. I recently sold an ad on Parker's blog....and I kept thinking of the bags you make for PCMC. I'd love to donate a bit towards that in Kirsten's memory if that is okay? It won't be much and I need to wait until the payment actually comes in, but if it is okay with you, it would be an honor for me. We have SO much we need to pay it forward for and Kirsten finds her way into my heart so many days.

xoxo

Tammy and Parker
www.prayingforparker.com

Zoey's Mom, Heather said...

Oh my friend. I loved all the pictures. Everyone of them except the one of you standing, gazing at your girl. That one made my heart hurt. It truly did.

Love you and love your girl. Missing her for you today and always.

stephanie said...

Your Girlie Girl sent you a Valentine!!! That's amazing!! But Kristen is Amazing!!

And you grandkids are getting so big!! They are so beautiful!

You should open up a bakery or something! A little sweets shop. Every time you make something and post pics, it's just unbelievable!! everyone's cookies don't look like that you know. They are perfect.

Amy L said...

I read the comment above and I have often thought that I would like to help you with the special things that you make to honor Kristen. Can I send a donation to the PO box on your blog or do you have a paypal account that I can send it to? Love you and Kristen!

ABandCsMom said...

I placed balloons at the cemetery too, for Brad and Carly. Think of you often. Even if I don't comment much. I find myself, quite often at a loss for words. Unsure how to say anything to anyone, anymore. Just know I think of you often and I admire the way your continue your life. Keep loving on those grandkids, I'm sure they help you get through some really tough days.

Rochelle said...

You know I don't believe in coincidence. Beautiful post and wowie on those sweet treats. I think you should open a shop to sell your goodies, they look fabulous.

Cindy said...

Love the heart cloud! Kristen is so sweet, I think about her almost every day. I started following your blog just a couple months before the transplant. I checked it every day to see how she was doing. Still can't believe she's gone.

Joyce said...

Beautiful Kristen writing a love letter to you in the clouds. Breathtaking really.

We had new missionaries bring us a plate of Valentine cookies. They told me others shared Kristen's story while they were in Kirtland and told them they must visit our shop. I love sharing the story and taking them into Kristen's Kitchen.

I'm going to print out this picture to show them next time. Just to let them see that she is with you always.