Wednesday, February 1, 2012

moving forward?

If you can’t fly then run,
If you can’t run then walk,
If you can’t walk then crawl,
but whatever you do
you have to keep 
moving forward.
~MLK



I'm trying, really I am.
Some days are easier than others.
I can say that I always cheer when I get to turn the calendar 
from January to February.
There is just something about January. 
My new goal, next year of course, will be to 
find something to Love about January.

I have tried to keep busy the past few weeks.
I have some sewing projects that keep calling my name.
I have a couple of sister in laws who have had gatherings the
past two weekends. It is always a good thing when they ask for help.
I was able to cut up some fruit and make a few batches of cookies.
Of course I did jump the gun a bit and make Valentine cookies,
because I love Valentine cookies.









I received this picture in an e-mail this past week...


It is a beautiful statue. I was determined to find its origin.
I came across two other blogs that posted the same picture 
first one here
the second one here
It appears it was made for unborn children in Slovakia.
However, It reminds me of children who have died.
my child, my daughter
Many days, this is exactly how I feel.
 Kristen  is comforting me.
It is because of her that I can go forward.
Some days all I do is crawl,
and I have learned that 
that's okay.

8 comments:

stephanie said...

Polly that statue is beautiful.

as is everything you do!! You cookies look like a pic from a magazine. Everything you do is perfect! I wish your dream would come true;)

Rochelle said...

I agree with Steph, everything you do is fabulous. I need to come take cookie making lessons from you so my girls can enjoy some of those as they grow up ;)

Amy L said...

Polly, I think about you and Kristen a lot especially when I am driving to and from work. It's about a 15 minute drive through the country, no lights or stop signs....just beautiful scenery. I would always pray for Kristen while I was driving and now it's one of my favorite places to pray for you. I overheard Jimmy the other night praying. He stands by his bed every night and prays. I stopped when I heard him say to God, "I miss Garth Brooks and I miss Kristen." Your precious girl touched our hearts so and she will always shine in our hearts. Love you Polly...:)

Cindy said...

I immediately thought of you and Kristen when I saw that statue. That's just beautiful! Heart breaking, but beautiful.

Suzie said...

The statue is absolutely beautiful. The cookies are beautiful too.

Groves said...

You are right. There is just something about January. Sigh.

That statue!

Could not be more perfect, ever.

Heart aching with you,

Cathy in Missouri

Tricia said...

The statue is beautiful. Hugs to you.

Jasmine Mochalatte said...

I know you don't know me but I lost my first-born daughter Meagan to a brain tumor in 1999, she was six years old. It was an inoperable tumor because of where it was located. I saw your photos of your little Kristen, and believe it or not, I have a daughter named Kristyn (different spelling, same pronunciation). I just had to comment and send you hugs and lots of love. I love this statue you shared, I'd never seen this before but it is beautiful.