I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kristen's Light

Yes, I have been a slacker.
I have had a few items that I have needed to finish and 
get in the mail for a few months now.
Finally, they are finished!
These are some of my favorite pillowcases because they
are for some of my favorite people.
I was able to hand pick the fabric with the child in mind.
As you can see, Hannah Montana, High School Musical,
Disney Princess, Thomas the Train, Buzz Lightyear
and even Mickey are included.
I also included Kristen's favorite lights.




I also had a request for a blanket.
Matthew was born with Down syndrome.
He recently celebrated his first birthday.
He also just finished 6 months of chemo. At 6 months old 
he was diagnosed with leukemia (AML).
On his first birthday, his mother had this to say,

"This little critter absolutely completes me.
He is the baby I never knew I wanted or needed."

I made this Mickey blanket for Matthew. 
I am so excited that he is finished with chemotherapy.


I ran in Target today, just to grab one light.
I came out with this...



Notebooks, Slippers and Lights!
Seriously, they were all on sale.
You see, these were Kristen's favorite lights, and the slippers and
the notebooks are perfect for Mother's Bags.
I love making these book bags...


I am hoping to make more of these bags and fill them with slippers,
notebooks, lotion and fun stuff for the cancer moms.
I know when I stayed with Kristen in the hospital this is 
something I would have loved.

It is probably about time I get to the post office.
Have a great weekend.



5 comments:

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

You are amazing and your incredible and courageous and beautiful daughters light shines so brightly. How very lucky we all are to have stood in that light.

And I know the little Matthew that blanket is going to!! Well, it would be too much of a coincidence if it were not the same Matthew. We sent him a blanket in his last round. A warrior at the precious age of just one year.

We are all connected, if we just take the time to see the ties that bind us. Beyond Down syndrome and beyond cancer. Human beings, making our way, the best we can, guided by these children and the friendships we have forged.

Love to you Polly.

Amy L said...

Absolutely beautiful! I teared up when I saw all those special gifts you made. So blessed to have you in our lives. Kristen's light is strong and bright!

SSBenjamins said...

You continue to spread the light for Kristen- your amazing and you continue to keep me in ahh! Your such a good person. LOVED all your cute stuff. Yay for the sweet little one being done whith chemo

Cindy said...

You are phenomenal. The way you've continued to spread Kristen's light and keep her love alive. You are an inspiration. Not to mention a great seamstress!

Tricia said...

I love what you are doing, it has true purpose! You are such an inspiration to me!!