I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. I've contemplated on many occasions rather I should quit this blog or not. Each time I am inspired that I should not. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever! This I know. Our family continues to live and to love and this is our story...

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

one of my fav things

One might say that I'm obsessed with Jello.
Hey, I'm from Utah, what do you expect?

I have heard that 
 Salt Lake City, has earned the dubious distinction of having the
 highest per capita consumption of Jell-O not only in the US, 
but in the whole world.

 Anyway, I have been making these cute little jello cups obsessively for the past
few weeks. I even switched to the sugar free version.
It really is a Delicious snack.
Tomorrow I am going to try lemon jello with shredded carrots.




What's your favorite?

P.S. Kristen loved jello too, but it had to be plain.

8 comments:

Rochelle said...

Strawberry jello with bananas! But, I never think to put it in these cute little snack containers.

Tom And Hailee said...

I love the jello with pudding in it so it is more of a creamy texture! I think we will have to make some today!

Cindy said...

A few years ago I went out and bought small snack containers specifically for our jello snacks! We love it with fruit too (your strawberries look SO good!) and sometimes with some low fat whipped cream on top. You convinced me, I need to make some today!

To Love Endlessly said...

Green jello with carrots and pineapple. yum! I think I have some frozen strawberries though that may find their way to a jello cup in their near future. :-)

Peter Olson said...

Just a warning for you, watch out for those Jell-O Shooters and Jell-O Shots.
They go down easy but carry a big punch!

Ha! Ha!

If you delete this comment, that's OK.
I'll understand. :-)

Peter Olson said...

I think that only God has the tools for fixing broken hearts.

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
Revelation 21:4 (KJV)

Now that is something to look forward to. :-)

tiaraaa said...

Hi! I just read something sweet about 2 best friends, one of them has down syndrome. Suddenly I thought about Kristen.. Here's the post if you'd like to read :D

http://9gag.com/gag/1777377

Love,
Tiara from Indonesia.

Joyce said...

Thanks to you Polly I have eaten Jello every day this week:)