I created this blog when my sweet little girl, Kristen, was diagnosed with cancer, for the third time. After fighting for almost 3 years Kristen was called home to that same God who gave her life. One of my favorite quotes comes from Neal A. Maxwell- "Those who "plow in hope" not only understand the law of the harvest but they also understand what growing seasons are all about. True, those with genuine hope may see their proximate circumstances shaken like a kaleidoscope at times, yet with the "Eye of faith" they still see divine design." Kristen blessed lives and continues to do so. Her light continues to shine. As for me, I continue to "plow in hope" knowing well that Kristen is mine for eternity. Families can be together forever!

Friday, January 6, 2012

not about the politics

This isn't about politics, at all.
This video has been floating around Facebook for the past few days.
I wanted to share it because this man truly loves his daughter.
She is the center of their universe.
I have often said the same about Kristen.
She is truly what makes my world go around.
Our children truly do make life better.

6 comments:

The VW's said...

BEAUTIFUL! He's got one thing right for sure....."They aren't the disabled ones, we are." Thanks for sharing!

Kristin said...

Wow. I had no idea. Thanks for sharing!

Cindy said...

I saw this on a friends facebook page. It's just amazing. I had no idea he had a daughter with special needs.

Peter Olson said...

Wow!

patrice said...

Such obvious love for his daughter, but yet it feels kind of creepy him using her plight in a political ad.

Groves said...

Politics aside...seeing that political seasons and candidates and parties and factions come and go and are barely remembered afterwards:

Whenever I see these *most* special children being honored and valued and cherished and loved, I'm excited.

Whenever I see the message going out, being spread, that these children not only deserve life, but the very BEST life that they can have, I'm excited.

I agree for sure: "We're the ones who are disabled." Because these kids truly are some of the best gifts God ever gives.

I'm so thankful for the way you love Kristen, Polly. I'm so glad that God gave her a Mom like you.

Thanks for posting this,

Cathy in Missouri